November 11, 2008

I am SO not ready for winter

Everyone seems to be all for the colder turn in weather but me. I am a Floridian living in NYC, and weather below 70 does nothing short of entice me to hibernate. I am not a fan of lots of layers, and am determined to keep my flip flops on until my toes fall off from frostbite (anyone who knows a Floridian, can verify that we wear flip flops year round, regardless of weather conditions).


Luckily, me and the hubby were able to escape the cold for a few days this past weekend when we attended a wedding in the Bahamas. It was warm, albeit overcast thanks to an encroaching hurricane. None the less, it was a great break to lay by the beach and remember the warm days of summer that now seem so far away.


While we were on the first leg of our honeymoon in Mexico, we discovered this AMAZING drink. It's so ridiculously simple, but I guarantee that after a sip you will be feeling like you are on your own little tropical island, even if it is snowing outside. So, I've decided to veto winter and drink these for the next few chilly months to remind us of warm, sunny days spent pool side.

Crank-up the heat, slip into a sarong, pump the Bob Marley, and take a sip. Even though I'm an Ole Miss alum, these trump a hotty toddy any day. Cheers!!


Micheladas (makes 2)

3 limes
salt
2 Mexican beers (preferably Corona)
soy sauce (optional)
Worcestershire sauce (optional)
  • Juice all 3 limes into a cup.
  • Rub the rim of the glasses with one of the leftover lime wedges.
  • Sprinkle a handful of salt onto a plate, and roll each glass rim into the salt (totally optional, or could only do part of the rim).
  • Divide the lime juice up between the 2 glasses.
  • Optionally - add a few drops of soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce for a different version. This one has a spicier taste and would be great as a brunch time drink instead of a bloody mary (the hubby likes this type better, while I like just the lime juice).
  • Fill the glasses with beer.

4 comments:

Aimée said...

We'll have to try this--we actually have some Corona's kicking around and I enjoy anything with lime. Cheers!

Maria said...

I hate the winter! I wish it would stay away!

Culinary Wannabe said...

Hi Aimée - I hope you do. So far I've hooked all my friends!

I hear ya Maria!

Anonymous said...

hmmm worschestire sauce. very interesting. i wonder if my balsy bro's would try this... thanks for the idea.