- In a large bowl, whisk together the first 3 ingredients, and set aside.
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and using a meat mallet, pound each out till it is 1/4 inch thick.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high and coat with cooking spray.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Place chicken on a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add halved tomatoes and white wine to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, or until the liquid is nearly evaporated.
- To serve, toss salad greens in lemon juice mixture, and place greens on top of chicken. Top greens with tomatoes.
April 27, 2009
Is anyone else enjoying the weather as much as me?? It has been absolutely beautiful in NYC! We spent this whole weekend outside, and I already started today off with a run through the park. Even little Suki seems energized by the weather change.
With bathing suit season quickly approaching (or here!), I think we could all use a little healthy eating. I know everyone spent the whole winter eating carrots and celery just so they could fit into that itty-bitty-bikini. Ha! I certainly ate my way through winter comfort food, and am now realizing that macaroni and cheese is not, in fact, its own food group. So here's a nice and light dish that is delicious and healthy. I especially love this recipe because after making it once you will practically have the whole thing memorized, ingredients and all. This comes in very handy when you are standing in the grocery store with no idea what to make. Plus it's totally painless and you only have to stand over the stove for a few minutes. Major plus for those of us who don't yet have their AC turned on.
Chicken Paillard with Lemon Arugula Salad
Adapted from Cooking Light
zest and juice of half a lemon
1 teaspoon EVOO
1/2 garlic clove, crushed
2 cups salad greens
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup dry white wine