March 9, 2009
Emily, over at Sugar Plum, always has the most creative and decadent looking goodies. She is constantly coming up with savory and sweet treats that I instantly want to try. This is exactly what happened the other morning when I strolled over to her site and saw these. Donuts! Bananas! Peanut butter glaze! OMG! Needless to say, 30 minutes later I was devouring these little bundles of deliciousness. I dipped half into the peanut butter glaze and half into powdered sugar. Both were totally amazing.
She entered these into a Top Chef/Quaker Oats competition, and she was chosen as one of the finalist! Yay! Congrats Emily! To vote for her and to see the recipe, please click here. Honestly, anyone who can make oats taste this good, is a winner to me!
Also a huge, huge thanks to Donna-FFW (firefighter wife) of My Tasty Treasures for this award!! She is absolutely hysterical, and if you aren't already completely addicted to her site, you must go check it out! Not only does she have amazing food, but she will keep you in stitches the whole time you are there. There is no filter with Donna!!
With this award you are supposed to list 10 facts about yourself. So here it goes:
1) I have really strong political and religious opinions. So much so, that I know better than to air them out here!
2) I love to run, run, run! The NYC half-marathon is my favorite race ever.
3) In my totally unbiased opinion, I have the cutest dog in the entire world. Isn't she adorable in her birthday dress?!
4) I graduated from Ole Miss with a 4.0 GPA and a finance degree (and still partied like a rock star!).
5) Most days I feel like I'm playing house, and can't believe I'm actually an adult.
6) I'm a total shoe and bag addict. Recession or not, I love me some Louboutins!
7) I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.
8) Almond Joys are my favorite candy of all time.
9) I'm a Kappa Kappa Gamma and spent some of the best years of my life in that sorority house.
10) I'm clueless with computers and am amazed that this little blog is even up and running!
I want to pass this award along to Debby over at A Feast for the Eyes. Debby has so many wonderful dishes on her site, you just won't know what to do with yourself! She's a wife and a mother, and one heck of a lady. Please go check her out!