This was a real crowd pleaser at my table and is a definite make for the next time you have company coming over.
Adapted from Tyler's Ultimate - Tyler Florence
2 zucchini (or enough to fill your platter), sliced into very fine rounds
Salt and pepper
Extra-virgin olive oil
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 leek, cleaned well, white and light green parts sliced into very thin rings
1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (I used dill and chives, but could use whatever you like)
1 cup ricotta cheese
Fresh mint, small handful chopped finely
- Lay the zucchini slices out in an overlapping circular pattern around the platter.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle a tablespoon or two of olive oil (enough to lightly cover all zucchini) and the lemon juice on top.
- Place platter in the fridge for about 10 minutes so that all the flavors can meld together.
- Scatter leeks and herbs on top.
- Place teaspoon size rounds of the ricotta sporadically around platter and then scatter chopped mint on top.